IC Updates - April 14, 2023
Please see updates, reminders, and upcoming spirit week information below.
Grades for Marking Period 3
Grades for the 3rd Marking Period will be available Wednesday, April 19th. Parents and guardians can log into the Home Access Center to access student grades. Report Cards are not mailed home.
Dress Code Reminders
With spring weather, we want to remind parents and students about our dress code. The entire dress code can be accessed on our school website under the student handbook.
- Pants should not be worn below the waistline. All undergarments must be covered at all times.
- Bracelets, collars, or other apparel that have spikes, studs, or other potentially dangerous components are prohibited.
- Wearing large chains from the neck, body, or clothing is not permitted.
- Clothing that promotes drugs, alcohol, smoking, violence, or sex may not be worn.
- Students must wear apparel that covers the midriff. Tube tops, open back tops, off-the-shoulder tops, and tops with spaghetti straps are prohibited. For girls, straps on “tank tops” must be at least one (1) inch in width. Low cut tops are not permitted. Boys may not wear tank tops, sleeveless shirts, or muscle shirts. Clothing with profane or questionable language imprints is unacceptable school apparel. Low cut tops are not permitted.
- Shorts / Skorts must have an inseam of at least three (3) inches. Dresses/skirts must be at least mid-thigh length, with no plunging backs below the mid back, not made from transparent material, nor have side or front cut outs.
- Sunglasses are not to be worn in the school building.
- Footwear must be worn at all times. No slippers permitted.
- Any form of head apparel that covers the head (hats, scarves, hoods, bandanas, etc.) is prohibited, except under the terms of specially designated days or for medical reasons, cultural observances, or religious reasons.
Cell Phone Reminder
Cell phones should be off and away upon entering the building in the morning and remain off until the bell at 2:45PM. Cell phones that are visible are confiscated and placed in the office until the end of the school day. Students are permitted to use the office phone if they need to during the school day.
Spirit Week, April 17-21
Our final Spirit Week of the year is next week, April 17 - April 21. The Student Government sponsors spirit week and is very excited for this week's themes and activities.
Monday, April 17 - Neon vs Groutfit (Gray Outfit)
Tuesday, April 18 - Sunglasses vs Hats
Wednesday, April 19 - Country vs Country Club
Thursday, April 20 - Crazy Socks vs Crazy Hair
Friday - Anything but a Backpack Day - Please see guidelines below.
- Cannot be Dangerous.
- Cannot be Breathing/Alive
- Needs to be able to go to all of your classes without the use of an elevator.
Students who would like to participate in "Anything, but a Backpack Day" should fill out the Google Form on the IC Schoology Page and submit by Monday, April 17th. No late submissions will be accepted. Mrs. McCoy will review the list for approval. If your item is not approved, you will be notified by the office.